What we learned in Week 2
1. Shirt – Colin Kaepernick is not a football machine sent through a time rift from the 23rd century to destroy all opposition. He and the 49ers were beaten (comprehensively) by an awesome Seattle pass defense which includes this guy;
And an even more awesome running game from Marshawn “Beastmode” Lynch. Russell Wilson had, by most measures, a pretty average game himself, but when you have Lynch in the backfield doing his thing, you can afford for your QB to have an off day. If you didn’t see the game, it was a bit like this;
2. Shirt – The Steelers probably are as bad as we thought they were. Taking nothing away from the Bengals, who were pretty shit themselves, the Steelers let their usually awesome defence slip, and when you leave it up to that shambles of an offence, you just ain’t going to get it done. Can they spring back from 0-2 to make the playoffs? I’m going to go ahead and say…no.
3. Gargy – At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the week one themes continue; games are generally close, and home teams generally win. The homes sides won 12/16, and 10/16 games were decided by a TD or less.
4. Gargy – Tom Brady has been kissed on the dick by a fairy. Week 1, the Bills with a rookie QB in their first game; week 2, the disfunctional and unwatchable Jets, and week 3 – the Bucs, hardly the toughest team in the comp. Plenty of time for Tom to work with his new receivers, and let Gronk and Amendola recover from their injuries. They finally get a tough game in Week 4 away to Atlanta.
5. Older Brothers are the best. Peyton had (another) awesome game and took apart the Giants on Sunday, leaving little bro Eli with no answers. And so the natural order of things is stable and right.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly;
The Good – Beastmode; the Broncos Offence; the Broncos Defence; Chargers out hustling the Eagles
The Bad – Richard Sherman’s dancing; the 49’ers offence; the Rams (they lost to the Cardinals FFS); Thunderstorms
The Ugly – Dashon Goldson’s tackle on Derrick Sproles; Josh Freeman’s 9/25 for 125yds; the Steelers Offence; the entire Patriots v Jets game