Well folks, here they are, my season bets for 2014/2015. Gargy will (hopefully) post his shortly, and we will then both be back on Thursday with our Best Bets feature for Week 1.
I have found that some sports books (centrebet, I’m looking at you) don’t allow a parlay involving Divisional winners. I can understand why you wouldn’t allow multis for combinations of under/over bets, but taking it to Divisional and Conference level is a bridge too far for me. So I got on with Sportsbet instead, who do offer this feature.
I have anchored most of my bets with the Chargers – I am into them in a big way and think they represent superb value at the $7 mark for the divisional title. I’ve therefore had the following bets;
1. AFC West (Chargers) into NFC East (Giants): $10 to return $350
2. AFC West (Chargers) into AFC South (Texans): $10 to return $262.50
3. AFC Winner – San Diego Chargers: $20 to return $300
4. AFC Winner (Chargers) into NFC Winner (Packers): $10 to return $975
Astute observers will note that the Chargers do not play the Packers, Giants or Texans all year, so no bets are self defeating.
I have then taken a few over/under bets which I think represent the best VALUE;
1. Dolphins over 8 Wins – $50 to return $117.50
2. Falcons over 8.5 Wins – $50 to return $117.50
3. Chiefs under 8.5 Wins – $50 to return $75
4. Chargers over 8 Wins – $50 to return $80
Let’s hope my faith in these guys is not misplaced!